The Board has approved a set of General Terms and Conditions of Membership of the Conservative Party. This is a document which brings together the terms which members are bound by in relation to the Party Constitution, the rules of their Association and any codes of conduct which the Party has introduced, in a more accessible way for members. These can be found below
These have now been added to the existing terms and conditions at the bottom of https://www.conservatives.com/join and as part of the Join and Renew payment processes; all new members and renewing members will be able to view them and agree to them at this stage.
General Terms and Conditions of Membership of the Conservative Party
1. To pay the membership fee.
2. To be bound by and abide by the Party Constitution and the Rules of your Association.
3. To sustain and promote the objects and values of the Conservative Party and the stated objects of your Association.
4. To do nothing, including declaring opinions, which is in conflict with the purpose, objects and values of the Conservative Party. Expressing disagreement with the policies of the Party shall not constitute conduct which brings or is likely to bring the Party into disrepute.
5. To engage in no conduct which brings or is likely to bring the Party or any Conservative Association into disrepute.
6. Not to use social media in an abusive way or abuse any person on social media.
7. To be a member or supporter of no other UK-registered political party nor a supporter of any candidate of such a party.
8. In addition to the above terms and conditions, to abide by all codes of conduct which may exist from time to time (however they are called) which regulate the conduct of Party members.
Approved by the Board of the Conservative Party October 2020